Sugar & Honey Lip Exfoliation

In the past, I've been neglectful of my lips. I'm aware of this and I'm also aware of the chapped, dry lips that I often have that find themselves in dire need of exfoliation. When I was trying out my Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour, the need to exfoliate was especially apparent to me.. Sooo... My mom and I decided to try the sugar/honey lip exfoliation method.

I took a bit of honey and a spoon of sugar and mixed it with my finger in a little medicine cup. Then we both applied it to our lips and worked it in in a circular motion for about a minute or so. I wiped it off with a napkin, licking at my lips because it tasted so yummy. I followed up with some Jack Black lip balm.


Here are my results:


I chose a really good, gross day to do my before picture. This is often how my lips look (maybe not quite this bad usuually but you get the idea)... Excess skin issues, etc. Normally I'd just kind of bite at my lips--a real professional method for exfoliation!


You can see a major difference after the exfoliation! My lips are still pretty textured but so much smoother... Lines aren't as deep and the excess skin is gone.

Lovely!

This method works but I think I'm going to switch to the toothbrush lip exfoliation method because it's easier and there's nothing to clean up. For this method I apply a bit of lip balm or Vaseline and then run a tooth brush across my lips in a circular motion. Results = soft soft soft lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment