Blog Awards

Recently I've gotten a couple of blog awards!


The first being the Versatile Blogger Award.


Here are the rules concerning this award:

1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Answer 10 questions
4. Pass it along to 7 beauty blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
5. Leave your recipient a note telling them about the award


A big thank you to Matryoshkadoll for the Versatile blogger award!


7 Things About Me:
1. I am insanely lazy. Like, you might not believe it.
2. I am currently unemployed and not really looking for work until I figure out exactly where I want to go from here. Luckily I'm able to live with my parents while I do that.
3. I studied Latin in college but I really need to brush up on my vocabulary.
4. I have three rats named Lulu, Una and GFK.
5. I paint my nails on a daily basis, once it's been on my nails for about 24 hours, I start to get twitchy.
6. I drink at least five cups of coffee/day.
7. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan now and forever.






10 Questions
1. Why did you start this blog?
I'm bored and I love makeup and skin care and all the rest of the stuff I blog about. Having this blog adds a little structure to my life, actually, and it's greatly welcomed. I was a bit intimidated by the number of beauty blogs out there but I figured this is what I want to do so why not just do it?


2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
Mostly only makeup/beauty product blogs. Those types comprise about 99.9% of the blogs I read. I also read a couple of style blogs. I read Dooce, of course, like everyone else in the world and I also read a number of livejournals. (On a side note, I have a livejournal here.)


3. Favorite makeup brand?
Definitely MAC. I love their colors, most of their formulas for the products... Packaging... I love it all. MAC eyeshadows were my first makeup obsession and I'm still obsessed.


4. Favorite clothing brand?
You know, I don't really have one. I like clothes when I like them not because of a brand and there's not one brand that I can easily say "I love EVERYTHING." If I had to pick, I'd say Betsey Johnson, Antrhopologie, Juicy Couture or just plain ol' H&M. You know what, let's just say H&M.


5. Your favorite, indispensable makeup product?
Eyeshadow primer. UD Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance are both great.


6. Favorite color?
Green.


7. Favorite perfume?
I don't wear perfume and I don't really like it when others do either. I can respect a light dab but how many times are we crammed in somewhere with someone doused in fragrance? Yuck.


8. Favorite film?
Harold & Maude


9. Which country would you like to visit and why?
There are many. I'm gonna say the Netherlands. For Amsterdam. I will get there one day!


10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on one cheek?
Definitely would rather forget the mascara. Does anyone ever answer any other way?


& Then the Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you to Silence is Loud for this one! (I will tag people at the end for both awards.) It has about the same rules so I will just share another seven things:


1. I'm short. I'm 5'0. My boyfriend is 6'2.
2. I used to dye my hair often but I haven't in years and don't plan to again until I'm grey.
3. I love to dance.
4. Sloppy joes are quite possibly my favorite food. (Classy, huh?)
5. When I'm nervous, I pick at the skin on my hands and I'm trying to stop that and repair the damage to my poor hands.
6. I have a great niece. Her name is Laynie and she's about a month old.
7. I'm afraid of pool drains. I won't go near them when I'm swimming.


So now I'll tag seven blogs I've found recently that I love and to them I'm passing on these two awards:


1. Acetone and Old Lacquer (Love the name too)
2. Beauty Burg
3. LC's Blog (if you decide to follow her, go here and tell her Jennifer Leigh sent you!)
4. Nailspotting (Another great name!)
5. Parokeets
6. Spooky Nails
7. The Nailasaurus

And now a poll about tagged posts like these...







No comments:

Post a Comment