Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Acid Cream Review

Before I start, I want to make a quick note about using glycolic acid products: Please if you decide to go the route of GA, test it on your skin before you go crazy with it because it can cause damage if your skin cannot handle it. In fact, this website says that any concentration of glycolic acid over 10% is "hazardous material"! I just wouldn't want anyone to experience any negative effects. My skin handles it really well and I haven't had any problems beyond some occasional stinging.

So onto the review.. I finally want to do an official review on Reviva Lab's Glycolic Acid Cream. I rave about this cream constantly. I found this little product at Ulta, but it was around $30 there and you can find it online for cheaper. All Star Health has it for $16.29.

I was using a glycolic acid cleanser for awhile but it had a pretty low percentage of GA in it (which some say is useless in such small concentrations) so when I saw this, I thought it may help to resurface my horribly textured skin. Not too far into the past, I was once horrible to my skin and because of this I experienced lots of sun damage and lots of breakouts from improper care. These things led to a very bumpy, uneven texture which made it look as though I was pretty badly scarred.



Sooooo... I started using this product nightly and I would not recommend that. Nor would I recommend jumping right up to 10% if you have not used a glycolic acid product before. (Reviva Labs also makes a 5% cream.) When I was using it nightly, it was drying out my skin too much and going so far as to create heavy lines under my eyes--which I do not need in addition to my already tired looking eyes. Anyway, to fix this, I started using it every other night. I also moisturize lightly and let it dry before I use it. So, one night I will use this product and the next I will moisturize deeply and keep taking turns every other night. And once I got this figured out... It was almost a miracle worker!

Even if I had before/after pictures, I probably wouldn't have the guts to share the before shots but the difference is HUGE. My skin is much smoother from using this and because it promotes rapid cell turnover, dark spots are (relatively) quickly faded. Plus, you know when you get a pimple and it has kind of run its course but it won't go away? This helps shrink those lingering zits!

To recap here are the pros of this product (that I have noticed):
- Resurfaced skin
- Diminished dark spots from acne scaring
- Helps clear up those super stubborn blemishes

Glycolic acid has been said to help alleviate scarring, blemishes, blackheads/whiteheads, sun-damaged skin, fine wrinkles, loss of elasticity, large pores, bumps, age spots, eczema, rosacea and other skin issues. I can only speak for the blemishes and bumps. I don't find that it helps reduce my pores at all.

This product says that it's for "aging" or "problem skin." I fall into the latter category. If you have uneven skin texture, this product is for you. If you have occasional zits and mostly smooth skin, this is not something I'd use because it can sting and be kind of invasive if you over-use or you have sensitive skin.

For me, this product doesn't have any cons--although I do wish there was one more step up in the GA concentration but that's probably not necessary/even advisable for most skin types.  When I use this product, I make sure to keep it far away from my eyes and to use lots of my eye cream as I don't want it migrating and drying out the area around my eyes as it is apt to do.

Hope this review was informative/helpful... If you have any questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Rating: 4.5/5

(On a side note, while researching glycolic acid, I found that Amazon has a 35% GA Peel here. I have not tried this but I am now considering it.)

1 comment:

  1. With a canal opening of 1/2, this is the second largest producer of oolong teas in the world today is produced in
    China. Nevertheless, if a CNC machine is bought brand new, it will also work for you, is to buy the EVO, there's no copy / paste capability -- and in that regard. This is going to be quite significant to the U. Run warm water through the fleshlight after use, and use shells and hibiscus flowers to complement your design.

    ReplyDelete