Favorite Products of 2010

I got this list from a different Jen. It asks my favorite beauty products from this year. I wanted to fill it out because I think it will be interesting to see how it changes by the end of 2011.


My favorites in...


Makeup


Foundation: Make Up Forever HD Foundation is my favorite. I think it was all I used in 2010. It is a *tiny* bit too much for my oily skin BUT as long as I do a touch up or two throughout the day, I'm fine and it's worth it for the beautiful coverage of this foundation.  It even wakes up my tired eyes which isn't something I've ever been able to say for a foundation.



Concealer: Benefit's Boi-ing concealer is my favorite. It was the first concealer I ever used (recommended by a Sephora worker) and while I've strayed a bit, I always come back to this one. It's very, very lightweight. I just tap it onto my skin and build the coverage where I need it. It's not at all oily and it doesn't add to my shininess. The one downside (maybe) is that it only comes in three shades so it may be difficult to get one that doesn't make you too light/too dark. I'm techinically somewhere between 01 and 02 but after the application of my foundation, it isn't usually an issue. Sometimes I think I look a little too light if I use 01. Usually I use 02.



Powder:
 MAC Studio Fix +Foundation pressed powder is my HG of powders and I don't think I'm going to be switching anytime soon. I love the coverage--it' *so* smooth and has GREAT coverage for a powder. It never gives that overly-dry powdery look that sometimes comes from using a powder.




Blush: MAC's "Bite of an Apple" blush from the Venomous Villains collection. Such a perfect red blush for that natural, just from the cold look.




Bronzer: I'm not a big Bronzer fan but if I'm gong to bronze, I've been using MAC's "Refined" mineralize skin finish.


Highlight: MAC's "Marine Life" has been my favorite this year. From the "To the Beach" collection.



Eyeshadow: This is a hard one... My favorite eye shadow from the year would probably be MAC "Retrospeck." I ran out of this shadow recently (my first to run out of!) and I use it tons to highlight. 




Eyeliner: MAC "Blacktrack" Fluidline is my most used and most loved. I use the MAC 209 brush to apply. One of my favorite things about this liner is that it doesn't dry immediately so when I make a mistake (which I do a lot, I'm still working at my liner skills) I can kind of smudge it into a smoother. neater line. It doesn't irritate my waterline and once it's on and actually dried, this liner does NOT MOVE ALL DAY. I've cried in this liner and as long as I don't rub at my eyes, I never end up looking like a raccoon.

Eyeshadow primer/base: Urban Decay Primer Potion for a primer and MAC "Painterly" paint pot for a base --- I don't always wear a base.

Eyelash curler: n/a



Mascara: I didn't branch out and try a ton of mascaras but what few I did try, I kept going back to CoverGirl's Lash Blast.

Lipstick: MAC "Baron's Rose" from the Dazzle the Lads lip set (from a Tartan Tale). I love this lipstick... I love anything with a golden glimmer but this one is just pretty all around. I wanted to back it up but I couldn't justify buying a whole second set. Maybe I will before it's all over. Or I can check at my CCO.



Lipgloss: I am not a huge lip gloss girl. I like it and I buy it but I don't use it a lot. This year, I used Alba'sCoconut Cream clear gloss more than any other. It's not sticky and doesn't make me feel like I have a heavy gloss on my lips which is what I like. Plus it has a nice sweet scent that's not overpowering.

Nail polish: This is a hard one because I paint my nails so often but just thinking off the top of my head, I'd have to say Opi's The Show Must Go On.





Body


Shower gel/soap: I stuck with Lush soaps all throughout the year but only because I bought so much soap at the end of the year sale last year. I unfortunately can't remember the name of my favorite soap (it's green with brown pieces--all in all kinda gross looking but I LOVED the smell, anyone know which one I mean?) but these don't lather up enough for me.

Body lotion/cream: I'm not picky when it comes to body lotions. I usually just reach for Jergens in their original Cherry Almond scent.

Body exfoliator: n/a

Hand cream: Same as body lotion.


Lip balm/treatment: I was sort of partial to Korres lip butters.

Perfume: I never wear perfume.



Face

Cleanser: DDF Pumice Acne Scrub (w/Benzoyl Peroxide). I love this product because for one it has peroxide in it which is much more beneficial to my skin than salicylic acid. 
Toner/lotion: Currently I don't use a toner but I have been researching them to find one that fits my needs because I want to incorporate it into my routine.


Moisturizer: Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer goes on feeling great. It moisturizes well and keeps my skin feeling great.

Facial mask: DDF's Sulfur Mask is my favorite of the masks I've tried but I don't find that it does wonders or performs any miracles. I do like how it makes your skin feel super tight when you have it on/as it dries but I could see how that might not be for everyone.


Exfoliator: Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Acid Cream. This is one serious exfoliator/cell renewer. Meaning... You can feel it working. It does wonders to resurface your skin. 

Makeup remover: I wash with Philosophy's Purity cleanser and it removes all my makeup and preps my skin for my ddf cleanser.

(Reviews on some of these products coming soon... Let me know if you'd like to know about one in particular :))

No comments:

Post a Comment