Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream


My first thoughts when I sat down to write this was: the world is probably ending and now I'm going to review this skin cream. Hey, we need to be moisturized as we go down, right?

I've been using Yu-Be as a cuticle cream for several weeks now. I'm switching up and back between this and Lush's Lemony Flutter (review to come).

The tube says:
  • Concentrated glycerin moisturizer helps hydrate, soothe and smooth rough, dry skin and treat split cuticles, chapped lips, cracked heels, calluses and burns.
  • Yu-Be is safe and effective for the whole family on all dry skin areas of the body including the face.
  • Non-greasy formula absorbs instantly and stays locked in for hours.
Okay so I've used it as a cuticle cream, a hand cream and as a nighttime lip treatment. It works great for cuticles. They are softened and easy to push back. You only need a little dab for each hand.

I don't love this for a hand cream because I like my hand creams to smell good and this one smells like Vick's vapor rub at first and then smells like nothing at all. It does claim that the smell fades quickly and that's true. I have this on my hands right now and even when I put them right up to my nose, I can no longer smell the camphor scent.

It claims that it absorbs instantly and this is almost true--instantly is a big claim but it does absorb really very quickly. I'm not sure it hydrates as much as I'd like. I do NOT have dry skin at all but I do have a couple of rough, dry patches on my hands and I didn't feel that this did much to soften/hydrate those areas.

As far as a lip balm goes, this is good for night but I didn't feel that it did anything special so if you have a go-to product, I wouldn't stray for this guy.

I wouldn't use this product on my face, but that's me... I'm oily and this is a tad too slippery feeling for me to want it on my face but it might be great for really dry skin--don't quote me on that.

This 1.25oz tube is $15 at Sephora but they also have an interesting looking Yu-Be set that includes 2 full sized tubes of the skin cream, lip balm, sample body lotion and sample skin polish (2). It's a good way to sample the products from Yu-Be if you're interested. This set goes for $31.

So all in all this is a nice product. I'd say give it a try if you're looking for a lip treatment or a cuticle cream. I'd say skip if you have a wonderful go-to product that you already love.


* * *

It's a bit of a coincidence that I chose to review this skin cream originally from Japan. I was glued to the news yesterday morning and then I couldn't take much more after a couple of hours. My thoughts go out to the people of Japan. And I hope all of my readers are okay and your families are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment