Hourglass Solar Tan Primer

I picked up Hourglass' Solar Tan Primer because I couldn't find any of the regular primer. I'm now on my second bottle of Solar Tan because a) it's got what I need in a primer and b) it doesn't actually seem to fake tan me so that's good. Even though it's supposed to, I'd rather it didn't so I'm happy with the lack of results in that category.

Hourglass says: Innovative, patent pending primer formulated with DHA, Vitamin A and E, and glycerin to moisturize the skin and create a luminous bronze glow. 

Let's talk packaging. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with pump to disperse the primer. It looks sleek and it's semi-transparent so you can see how much product you have left. It lasts quite a long time and you only need at the most one full pump of product for each use.


It does have that slippery primer feel but once you get it on it doesn't feel like there's anything on your face--no oiliness, no heaviness.


It really does help makeup go on smoother and nicer. I use less foundation and concealer when I use this versus using no primer.




This primer WORKS as a primer as far as I'm concerned. It increases wear-time and decreases the need to touch up as much. When I was working, I used this primer and it would last through the day, I'd only need to do a couple of touch ups and I SWEAT like no body's business. I remember coming home one day and I'd just done a touch up after finishing up at work and my sister said "wow your makeup looks great after being at work all day." When other people notice stuff like that, you know it's doing its job!


I would recommend this primer for sure... But it's got a hefty price tag at $60/bottle (1 oz.). You can get it from Hourglass or Sephora. If the solar tan part still bothers you, Hourglass also makes a second primer called Veil which is a tiny bit cheaper ($52) and probably the way to go if you can find it--I can never find this one at my Sephora, oddly enough.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment