DDF Glycolic Exfoliating Wash Review

DDF's Glycolic Exfoliating Wash is a cleanser that I've been using for a long, long time now. I like to use it as my sort of pre-cleanser to remove makeup and grime from the day.

Packaging It comes in a kind of rectangular bottle and you invert the bottle to get the product out. I have no problems with this packaging except that it comes with this bulky lid thing that is totally unnecessary and I end up just throwing it out--so it's a bit of a waste if you think of all the tops getting pitched. The bottle still closes without that top so it really is unnecessary and it's just making the bottle look more sleek.

Use It's a clear gel and it's a bit slippery but not in an oily way. The instructions tell you to squeeze out a bit of product, add water and then apply to face. You can get a pretty good lather (nothing crazy) from this cleanser. It's not going to be ideal for dry skin, that's for sure but it feels good and cleans my oily skin very well. No problems with rinsing it off.

Overall Thoughts Obviously I like this product as I've been using it for a while now (I've gone through 2 or 3 bottles and this stuff lasts a LONG time.) However, that being said, I'm about to retire this cleanser as I've found a different pre-cleanser to use for now. (By the way, by "pre-cleanser" I mean I use this before I use my peroxide cleanser on my face to make sure I remove all makeup first.)

The big selling point with this cleanser would probably be the glycolic acid but at 5% it doesn't do anything noticeable for my skin and this is the main reason I'm putting this in my cleanser past. If I could see results, I wouldn't mind keeping it in my routine but I don't see the exfoliation difference with this cleanser at this low level of glycolic acid.

I think if you have oily skin and you're looking for a nice cleanser, this could suit your needs but at $35 a bottle, you might be able to find something better for less money. I hate to give it this negative spin at the end because this cleanser has served me relatively well (has helped to keep my skin super clean and keep my breakouts at bay) but if you're looking for any drastic change this isn't going to help you with that.

Rating: 3.5/5

You can get it at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment