Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in "Juicy Peach"


I picked up one of these MoistureSmooth color sticks at Ulta not too long ago and I didn't bother to do any sort of research, I'd never heard of these, I just grabbed one because it seemed like the sort of light hint of color/lip gloss I was looking for.

Ulta's site reads:
Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks instantly moisturize lips, while continuously conditioning them so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days with nothing on them. Made with fruit extracts along with mango and shea butter, the balm-like formula glides on easily, providing a sheer wash of moisturizing color that lasts for hours. In addition, the twist up package allows for perfect application each time with no sharpener needed.

Ok so now that we both know the supposed deal with these, I'll give you my thoughts.

First off, I love the smell. It smells mango-y which I noticed immediately and I love mango. It's not an overpowering smell, either, nor does it have that sort of chemically-fakeness that some lip products smell like to me. This is pretty subtle and smells nice.


I also really like the feeling of gliding this on my lips. It feels really smooth, soft and not at all sticky. It's almost like having naked lips with bit of added moisture. I don't feel this migrating off my lips at all, either. Just a nice, nice, nice feel!

Now let's talk color... I love color, I love pigmentation but sometimes I want a little less. If I'm running out to grab some food real quick or something like that, I do like to have something on my lips but obviously I don't need to go Russian Red or anything like that... I've been looking for something that I can wear without makeup that doesn't make my lips look overdone OR too shiny. (I'm specific, I know what I want!)

Well... "Juicy Peach" fits the bill. It's light, soft, smooth, not much color but just a hint of pigmentation. There is also a subtle shimmer but it is toned way down and really compliments the bit of color.


I had to build to get it to show up this much on my arm but it's a very nice shade and looks great on my own lip color.


You can tell in the photo how sheer they are because the discoloration in my lips is showing through a bit... If you're looking for big-time color payoff, this won't be for you but for the feel alone... I'd try one out if you haven't!

I'm such a fan of these! I want more!

Neutrogena products are available at most drug stores, Meijer, Wal-Mart, Ulta, Etc. The Color Sticks cost $8.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment