Review: Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser

I bought Kate Somerville's Detox Daily Cleanser because I wanted a good purifying cleanser that I would use to remove makeup before using my other cleansers.

First off, I just want to comment on the packaging because it has this kind of twist tube; you twist that little top part that looks like a cap only the cap doesn't come off. This can make for a messy situation because I would twist it open, squeeze some of the stuff out and then twist it closed it but there would always be a little left on the bottom, which is of course how it sits so I always had little yellow-ish spots wherever this would sit.

Okay, pointlessness aside.

I don't recommend this cleanser. It's a gel cleanser that has a subtle clean scent that I did like. It doesn't lather up or anything like that though; it just went on my skin all slick and never felt like it was penetrating very well. The feeling didn't make me imagine it locking onto the dirt and makeup at all.

The first time I used it, I washed my face one time with it (starting out with a full face of makeup) and when I dried my face, I still had a ton of makeup come off on the towel. I'm not talking eye makeup, either. Yes, I wear a decent amount of makeup but at $32/tube I'd like it to remove most of my makeup.

I don't have a Clarisonic (yet) but I assume use of something like that would really help this product out. Washing with my hands wasn't cutting it apparently.

Rating: 2.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I dont think we have Kate sommerville here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review :) it's very helpful

    ReplyDelete