Tangle Teezer


After reading several very positive reviews on the Tangle Teezer hair brush, I knew I had to try it for myself so I ordered the purple one and have been using it for a couple of weeks now and just let me say to begin with: this baby works!


Here are a few shots of the plastic box that it comes in...




It claims to detangle hair effortlessly and increase shine. It also notes that you can use it on wet or dry hair which is one reason to love it alone. I have long hair and it can often become a tangled mess. My sister lovingly refers to it as "The Rat's Nest" (which is often literal since I have pet rats that like to snuggle up on my shoulder in my hair--and sometimes they get stuck in there, haha!). Anyway, washing my hair often causes an incredibly tangled mess once my hair dries. As does wearing it up in a messy bun on the top of my head. So being able to brush my hair right out of the shower is important to me and I wasn't able to do that with a normal hairbrush less I incur breakage.

I haven't noticed a huge difference in shine, but that doesn't get me down, my hair is already pretty shiny.


I tried this out immediately on dry hair and I was able to brush my hair from root to tip without any painful tugging--it really did glide through my hair effortlessly. Next, was to try it on wet hair--same outcome... Detangled easily without pain. It also collects much less hair than a normal brush. When I would use my old brush, I'd lose so much hair every time and with the Tangle Teezer, the loss of hair is very minimal.

When my hair is extra tangly, I find that you have to brush through a couple of times to get it all detangled again but it still doesn't tug roughly or pull out lots of hair.

I'm a true Tangle Teezer convert! Sooo happy with this little brush that's shaped to fit very nicely in the palm of your hand.



The plastic bristles are two lengths and it alternates longer and shorter rows of bristles.


The Tangle Teezer website shows all the different colors and you can choose the original size or the compact version that comes with a little cover which would be good if you want to throw it in your bag and take it with you. The site also notes that you can find these at Sally Beauty Supply Stores (if you're in the U.S.). I bought mine from Amazon for a very reasonable $9.50... And this brush is worth at least three times that in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment