AcneFree Therapeutic Sulfur Mask


I bought this product because I a) wanted a sulfur mask and b) didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on the more expensive brands. I've been using this now on a semi-weekly basis for over a month or two.

It's different from other masks I've used in that it directs you to massage it into your skin for 2-3 minutes until the mask turns from a creamy beige to a light blue. To be honest, I get really impatient even though it's just a couple of minutes. Like George says on an episode of Seinfeld, "it's a tough minute. It's like waiting in the shower for the conditioner to work." So I usually would work it into my skin for about a minute instead. It has these little exfoliator particles (not many, though) that tinge the mask blue once you've kind of broken them open so to speak by rubbing it in. The directions say to leave it on for 10 minutes but I rarely time it and just rinse it off once it's gotten hard and dry
Sometimes it is hard to tell with products if they're doing their job or not considering all the other products you use alongside it. With this mask, I barely noticed any effect whatsoever. My face was dry (but not dried out) and clean feeling after washing this off but that's about the extent of it--that I could notice, anyway.

Ideally a mask like this would shrink any blemishes I have (and I've had plenty the past month or so) and help keep me from getting oily and shiny the next day. From what I could tell, it didn't change the appearance of my face at all and I was just as oily the next day as I would be without using the mask.

So I'm disappointed in the performance and I've given it many opportunities to improve my skin and it's failed me. Luckily it's only about $7 for 1.7oz of product so it's not as if it set me back.

You can find this mask at Walgreens, Amazon and Drugstore.com (and perhaps other drugstores as well, I'm not sure). It seems to get mixed reviews but I personally wouldn't recommend it. There's nothing particularly bad about it, there's just nothing great about it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment