Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion


I received this Kiehl's facial lotion in my June Birchbox and I've been using it as a nighttime moisturizer. It is formulated for normal to oily skin types.

Kiehl's says that it is a lightweight moisturizer that eliminates excess oil for a shine-free appearance. It deeply conditions skin and restores its moisture barrier.



After removing makeup and washing my face at night, I slap some of this on before climbing into bed. I'd say that it absorbs pretty quickly for the most part but I do find that if I lay my cheek on my pillow,  even after letting it soak in, the pillow case sort of sticks to my face, which I don't like.

I don't find that it makes me any less oily than I would be with any other moisturizer, which is disappointing since I fight a major battle with the oil on my face.

When I wash my face the next morning after use, I can still feel the remnants of this lotion on my face. It's not incredibly noticeable but I definitely feel it when I splash water on my face... It feels slippery, like I'm washing off a layer of oil, despite it boasting a "non-greasy" formula.

I also dislike the smell of this product--this is the worst aspect of it, in my opinion. The first three ingredients are Water, Glycerin and Alcohol denat. and the smell is a bit strong and a little alcohol-ish. It smells too chemically to me, I like my moisturizer to smell natural or gentle and this doesn't do it for me.

The consistency of the lotion is nice enough, it doesn't feel heavy or light but somewhere in between.

All in all, I dislike this product for the most part. I definitely wouldn't buy a full-sized version. It's not as if this lotion does anything bad to my skin but it doesn't help much, either. If you have oily skin, I don't think this is a great product for you. Slightly dry skin may benefit more but I can't attest to that 100% because my skin is far from dry.

You can find this product and other Kiehl's products at Nordstrom. The full sized bottle (4.2 oz) costs $24.50. I was a bit surprised to see that on the Nordstrom site, people gave it high reviews. But for me, this just isn't a great product.

What do you use as a nighttime moisturizer? I'd like to know because I need to resume my search of finding a good one for my oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment