Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup


For at least the past couple of years I've been going up and back between Makeup Forever liquid foundations and have been pretty happy with them. However, a few weeks ago, my skin was going so crazy I had to find and visit a dermatologist. It's at least worth noting here, because of the mere probability of it, I was surprised that the one I finally decided to go with was one that I really liked. I don't like doctors, usually, and I was surprised to learn just how much I liked my new dermatologist. Anyway, let me get to the point... She had me run down my current skin care routine including cleansers, moisturizers and makeup. Then, she basically told me to trash all that and gave me a new list of products to buy. "Get rid of the hope," she told me--throwing me a pun after I said I used Philosophy's Hope in a Jar moisturizer--"you don't need it."

So, on her recommendation, I immediately made a trip to the drug store (a place I had been avoiding for years now) and bought a new kind of makeup (among some other things). She told me to pick up Revlon's ColorStay liquid makeup so I chose the shade that looked right (Golden Beige, in my case) and got a bit of a thrill from the price tag. I'd been spending $40 for the same amount of makeup that now cost me $13. A definite plus given my current financial state, which isn't good.

I've been trying to go without makeup on most days while my skin fixes itself, with the help of my new regimen. But I've given this new makeup a few goes, including wearing it in severely hot and humid weather...

... And I'm very happy to say that I'm pleased with the cover and the wear time. Even in the hot hot heat.

I'd say this is probably medium coverage and buildable. The bottle says it's for normal to oily skin. It is pretty lightweight so I don't feel like I have a ton of thick product on my face and although I do get a little shiny throughout the wear time, it's minimal which is about as good as it gets for my oily skin I think. I do a little blotting throughout the day here and there and it's manageable. The formula is oil-free and hasn't caused any new breakouts.

All in all, I'm thrilled. It had been a long time since I've used a drugstore foundation (having less than stellar luck in the past) and so I'm surprised and impressed. Great job, Revlon!

I paid $12 or $13 for this at Walgreens, but it's available at other drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer... According to Google it seems to vary a bit in price the lowest being $9.99.

Has anyone else tried ColorStay? I'd like to hear your experience with it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment