Milani "True Black" Eye Pencil


These days money has been tight and I'm rediscovering my drug store's cosmetic aisle in search of cheaper prices for my makeup staples, especially; the things I re-buy over and over... Such as, in this case, black eyeliner. Based on a recommendation from Tiffany of Will Work for Makeup, I picked up a Milani eye pencil to try out.

I've used this pencil a few times now (my usual pencil eyeliner of choice is Urban Decay's 24/7 liners) and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. I'm not sure I can say that these are exactly as smooth as the UD pencils but they are of good quality none the less. I don't always do the trick of lightly pulling your eyelid tight to apply liner but it does kind of have to be that way with this one... It doesn't tug per se but it kind of sticks a bit if there's too much give to your eyelid/waterline... But this is easily overcome by lightly pulling the skin of your eyelid so that you get a taut area for application.


I mostly wear black eyeliner and this pencil is black enough for me, smooth enough for me and it managed to stay in place through a whole day of wear. I'd definitely recommend this pencil to those on a budget or not.

These pencils cost about $4 or $5 and are sold at most drugstores, Meijer, Drugstore.com, Amazon... They're readily available is what I'm getting at here.

Do you have a favorite drugstore eyeliner?

No comments:

Post a Comment