E.L.F. Translucent Matifying Powder


Along with some other E.L.F. products, I bought this super cheap Translucent Matifying Powder ($3) to try out. I've been using it for a few weeks or so now and I think I have a strong enough opinion on it to tell you guys about it.


First and foremost, the price is great. I mean you can hardly beat $3 powder that doesn't make you look cakey! This powder is smooth, and it goes on very nicely even over oily skin. Hell, one day I used this over a sweaty/oily mess that my makeup had turned into and it made me look as good as I really could have in that point in time :) So... Let's see what points I can make about it in the positive:

It doesn't cake.

It does appear to be translucent on my skin tone so I didn't have any tone-related problems when putting this on over my regular foundation.

It handles the oiliness as well as any other pressed powder I've used.

I love the huge mirror that comes in the compact--it's so big!

IT'S $3!

Are there any bad points? Well, it does say "matifying" and I was hoping for longer-lasting matifying effects. It doesn't matify any better than any other powder or pressed powder I've used. It helps soak up the oiliness and take away the shine but--most powders do that. I was just expecting more, I guess.

BUT that being said, I'm not disappointed over all. I think I will continue to try pressed powders but this is definitely not a bad choice if you're in a pinch or if you don't have the money to shell out on $30 powders.

You can find E.L.F. at some Targets and at Drugstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment